Thursday, November 8, 2012

Not only Delicious but Scrumptious

As part of my assignment for my ECAP Web 2.0 Applications course is to create a Delicious account. I was amazed at how convenient this application is for storing bookmarks, which I can share with other teachers. My links are pretty basic although useful. What I'm really excited about is finding the links posted by other teachers. I have to admit I had never heard about delicious but the goal of this course is to introduce teachers to new tools so I don't feel badly about my lack of knowledge.

My Delicious account

5 comments:

  1. Hey John, This was my first time using this website as well. While I don't mind sharing with friends, I am not interested with sharing with the world. I am still very certain that this idea of social bookmarking is more socializing than I am willing to engage in.

    Either way nice blog and its nice to read some of your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder if it's all too much socializing. On the other hand I see many
      advantages. Thank you for reading and best wishes.

      Delete
  2. John, I am a 25 year old who grew up around technology and worked with it for 7 years. I didn't know anything about delicious either. It is pretty cool that we can network with one another around the different bookmarks that people use and enjoy in their classrooms. Sometimes we as educators overlook a good source of information, and if we have this ability to network and look out for each other by sharing information, I feel we can reach the kiddos a lot better! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I enjoyed your posts. Best wishes as you pursue your teaching career.

      Delete
  3. John, I absolutely agree with you. Delicious can make bookmarking sooo much easier. And, just like you (and Blake), I am honestly shocked about all the tools and applications that are out there and I have never heard about before... But I am thrilled to be implementing some of them on a more regular basis!

    ReplyDelete